Thursday, June 30, 2011

Montana de Oro

I took an unexpectedly tootling  road to Montana de Oro.  It made Crooked Island Road of my childhood look like child's play.  Here is one of the lovely views I encountered on the curvy way.


Here is one of the paths to the ocean at Montana de Oro.



Okay, just a reminder for my East Coast friends, the beaches around here aren't warm.  The water is cold, and only tourists wear bathing suits.  I was not the only one dressed like this. Surfers wear wetsuits, and I don't know how they stand the cold with their hands and feet sticking out.


I walked a couple of miles along the coast and then climbed up the base of the cliff into a cleft and enjoyed myself, pulling out my notebook and writing for a while.


From where I sat the ocean looked navy blue -- mostly it was a bright teal.




I wanted so badly to climb to the top of this rock, and I was a good girl-- traveling by herself -- and restrained myself, so the kind people playing on the shore wouldn't have to take me to the emergency room.


This beach didn't have sand -- just stones that made a magical noise when the surf turned them over and over.


There was a whole hillside covered in orange nasturtium.


I didn't go on this trail because of the bobcat.


Don't feel too sorry for me.  I ate my dinner here by Morro Bay.  You can see the fog bank coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment