Saturday, June 11, 2011

Farms and Flowers

After waking up at 5:30, I started the day by stopping to see Lake Erie in the mist.



Driving across Ohio and Indiana was delightful. I love farms!  Partly because so many of the ones in MD are being plowed under for houses -- and I just love the verdant green and growing things.  I saw lovely orange tipped grass and yellow sickle shaped wildflowers.  Daisies galore.




The days are so full it is hard to remember everything!

My first respite involved stopping at a campground and golf course. I walked along this road and picked wildflowers.



An Indigo Bunting posed for me right outside my window, but there was a car behind me and thus I moved on and missed the shot.




Mid-afternoon, I stopped in to see my college friend, Becky, and I met her husband and 3 tow-headed boys for the first time. Unfortunately, we neglected to take a picture.

I arrived in Wheaton with enough light to take a quick tour of the campus and savor the sweet ethos of my younger years that washed over me.


Point of Information: Starbucks in rest stops don’t necessarily have Internet access

Driving around Chicago is worse than driving the DC beltway: the drivers are just as insane and the distance feels twice as long. All confirms I am not a city girl.

I've enjoyed listening to the mixes made by friends (Life is  Highway -- Thank you, Kim, Alfred, Chris, and Dacia.)

My driving stamina is increasing – I am feeling more one with the car which surprises me.






No comments:

Post a Comment