Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cambria

My friends left on Thursday,  and on Friday, I decided it was time to see the ocean.  I coupled my trip with a visit to a farmer's market.  I was a bit early for the market and walked the streets of the quaint little town lined with artist studios and antique shops.  I came across this bench and smiled -- if you have never read the poem "Endymoin" by Keats it is transporting truth.


I talked with the artist who created a rotating bronze sculpture for quite a while.  He has wandered and gone without for the state of his art, and he looks at it as all joy.  The sculpture is called "Always moving forward." He was so excited about my journey.

These first two photos are of the view I chanced upon when I was looking for a spot to eat my lunch: carrot ginger soup that I bought at the farmer's market. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the smiling girl who makes the soup or of the octogenarians who sold me two delicious avocados -- the grandmother picked them out special for me.




 There was  a lovely path along the coast with stretches of open space.


I encountered a few creatures along the path. The birds were not as easily photographed as this snake whose head was nicely hidden in a hole (no head, no biting).


I especially liked the hint of orange on the cliffs from the ground cover (which I believe is an invasive species).



I ended the evening with an amazing guitar concert at a small recording studio that I chanced upon when I went to the post office earlier in the day.  Hauntingly beautiful music by Robert Longley.

No comments:

Post a Comment