Friday, August 26, 2011

Big Sur

I know it has been awhile since I have posted.  Not because I haven't had any adventures though.

Last week I drove up Route 1 through Big Sur -- from Cambria to Monterey.  I am not one to keep track of time, so I am uncertain how long it took to navigate the windy mind blowing road.   Somewhere between 2 -4 hours . . .   When one is in heaven, who cares about the time?



I ran into these guys when I took a short excursion into the hills. Unfortunately, I was advised to turn back -- small car, low to the ground, and all.  My little car felt a bit insulted it wasn't off road quality.


What is there to say?


I climbed up and sat on these rocks and ate my lunch.  The couple near me were speaking German.


I stopped at the state park to do a short hike and to indulge in the fantasy of living with a view like this day in and out.


On the other side of the road, there were coastal redwood forests . . .


There used to be a house that overlooked this waterfall, but it was given along with the land to the state for public use, so they tore it down.  Now it lives in my imagination. One could get used to this view.


Well there I am . . . a bit stern, concentrating.  You would think I would have the technique down to take a photo of self (nose down, smile, soften your eyes) . . . I am still working on it.


Try as I could, I couldn't find a way down to this idyllic cove.  There were footprints though!  Someone young and lithe, no doubt found the way.





There were so many pictures I didn't take. And the art galleries were closed by the time I got to them.  So I will HAVE to go back.  A convenient excuse.  Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment